Enchanting. Yes, that’s the word we’d use to define the magical place city that is Lisbon. With its colonial history, ornate architecture and tradition of Fado music, it’s sure to sweep you off your feet and heave you up to cloud nine. And this isn’t even the best part. Lisbon offers an unforgettable experience and more in a lot less than its contemporary beauties. It is, after all, a (surprisingly) budget-friendly city in Europe.
So, if its magnetism had you thinking visiting it would be a pricy affair, you’d be glad to know it isn’t. It’s quite the opposite. Now that you know it’s a great place to be and a possible place to be with a stringent budget, allow us to elaborate on the 10 reasons you should fly to Lisbon this summer.
10 Reasons to Fly to Lisbon this Summer
Stay in Adorable and Affordable Accommodations
Lisbon offers beautiful, budget-friendly accommodations, including hostels, guesthouses, and budget hotels. You can find comfortable and affordable options that won’t compromise on quality.
Savour a Classic Cuisine
Lisbon is a paradise for food lovers on a budget. Indulge in mouthwatering local dishes like pastel de nata (custard tart) and seafood specialties without breaking the bank. Explore local markets and eateries for authentic and affordable culinary experiences.
Marvel at the Stunning Architecture
Lisbon’s architecture is a blend of old-world charm and modern design. Explore the narrow cobblestone streets of Alfama, admire the intricate details of the Jerónimos Monastery, and be captivated by the views from the iconic Belém Tower.
Breathe in the Breathtaking Views
Lisbon is known for its picturesque viewpoints, or “miradouros,” offering panoramic vistas of the city and the Tagus River. Don’t miss the breathtaking views from Miradouro da Senhora do Monte or Miradouro das Portas do Sol.
Unravel its Rich History and Culture
Immerse yourself in Lisbon’s fascinating history and culture. Visit the historic neighbourhood of Bairro Alto, explore the ancient São Jorge Castle, and learn about Lisbon’s maritime past at the Museum of Art, Architecture, and Technology (MAAT).
View Vibrant Street Art
Lisbon is a haven for street art enthusiasts. Wander through the streets of Bairro Alto and Graça to admire colourful murals and urban art that showcase the city’s creative spirit.
Stroll Down the Alfama District
Wander through the charming alleys of the Alfama District, one of Lisbon’s oldest neighbourhoods. Discover hidden gems, traditional Fado music venues, and cosy cafés.
Unwind at the Beaches
Escape the city heat and head to the stunning beaches of Cascais and Estoril. Enjoy sun-soaked days, refreshing dips in the Atlantic Ocean, and breathtaking coastal scenery.
Take the Electric Tram 28
Hop on the famous Electric Tram 28 for a nostalgic journey through Lisbon’s historic neighbourhoods. This iconic tram takes you on a scenic route, passing by many of the city’s landmarks.
Revel in the Nightlife and Fado Music
Experience Lisbon’s vibrant nightlife scene, from trendy bars in Bairro Alto to traditional Fado music performances in atmospheric venues. Immerse yourself in the soulful sounds of Portugal’s traditional music genre.
10 Things to Do in Lisbon this Summer
- Visit the historic neighbourhood of Belém and indulge in the famous pastel de nata at Pasteis de Belém.
- Explore the vibrant downtown area, Baixa, and visit the historic Rossio Square.
- Take a boat trip along the Tagus River and enjoy breathtaking views of the city’s skyline.
- Discover the trendy LX Factory, an artistic hub filled with shops, restaurants, and galleries.
- Visit the iconic São Jorge Castle and enjoy panoramic views of Lisbon.
- Experience the lively atmosphere of Mercado da Ribeira, a food market with a wide range of local and international cuisines.
- Explore the picturesque village of Sintra, known for its fairytale-like castles, such as the colourful Pena Palace and the enchanting Quinta da Regaleira.
- Take a day trip to the charming coastal town of Cascais and relax on the beautiful beaches.
- Explore the historic Alfama district and immerse yourself in the soulful sounds of Fado music at a traditional Fado house.
- Enjoy a sunset picnic at Parque das Nações, a modern waterfront park with stunning views and outdoor recreational activities.
Lisbon truly is enchanting and offers all the more reasons to visit it. Embrace the best of both worlds—a vibrant city with a rich history, stunning architecture, delicious cuisine, and breathtaking coastal beauty—all while being budget-friendly.
So, pack your bags, book your flight, and make unforgettable memories in the most budget-friendly city in Europe—Lisbon!
Visit www.travelunravel.com now to browse, compare, and book cheap flights to Lisbon to save even more!