There is just something about European cities that calls out to the traveller within you. And how could they not, with each more beautiful than the other? Each one with a unique vibe and virtuosity about it.
Europe is home to some of the most beautiful cities in the world. So, when you’re in the mood for a ‘city break’ kind of travel experience, Europe has to be the go-to. (Or shall we say, fly to?).
The only thing is: Europe is no small continent. One cannot simply travel to Europe without an itinerary because once you get there, you’ll be too mesmerized and overwhelmed to plan out which cities you want to traverse. So, it’s best to pre-plan everything. Begin by creating an Itinerary.
To help you gather your thoughts and plan the perfect break, hopping from one European city to another, we’ve created an 8-day Itinerary for you. Even if you don’t follow it as it is, it’ll give you a good picture of how an 8-day city-focused Europe trip will pan out. So, here goes.
The Ultimate 8-Day City-Focused Europe Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in London, United Kingdom
- Arrive in London and check into your hotel
- Explore the city’s iconic landmarks, such as Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the Tower of London.
- Stroll along the River Thames and enjoy the city’s vibrant vibes.
- Visit popular areas like Covent Garden, Soho, and Piccadilly Circus for shopping and dining options.
Day 2: London
- Visit world-class museums, including the British Museum, National Gallery, and Tate Modern.
- Explore the trendy neighbourhoods of Shoreditch or Camden Town for their unique fashion, art and food scenes.
- Take a ride on the London Eye for panoramic views of the city.
Day 3: Paris, France
- Take a morning train or flight to Paris, the ‘City of Light’.
- Visit iconic landmarks, including the Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, and Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Explore the charming neighbourhoods of Montmartre, Le Marais, or Saint-German-des-Pres for their artistic and bohemian vibes.
- Enjoy a romantic Seine River cruise in the evening.
Day 4: Paris
- Explore more of Paris, including the Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, and Palais Garnier.
- Savour French cuisine at local cafes and bistros, or visit a food market like Rue Cler or Le Marche des Enfants Rouges.
- Take a day trip to the Palace of Versailles for a glimpse of French royal history.
Day 5: Barcelona, Spain
- Fly from Paris to Barcelona, known for its unique architecture, art, and vibrant nightlife.
- Visit the famous Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, and Casa Batllo designed by renowned architect Antoni Gaudi.
- Explore the Gothic Quarter, Las Ramblas, and La Boqueria Market for a taste of Catalan culture and cuisine.
Day 6: Barcelona
- Relax at the beach of Barceloneta or take a cable car to Montjuic for panoramic views of the city.
- Visit the Picasso Museum, Joan Miro Foundation, or the National Museum of Catalan Art for art lovers.
- Experience the city’s vibrant nightlife by hopping between tapas bars, clubs, and flamenco shows.
Day 7: Rome, Itlay
- Fly from Barcelona to Rome, the Eternal City.
- Visit ancient Roman landmarks such as the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Pantheon.
- Explore Vatican City, including St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums.
- Indulge in Italian cuisine at local trattorias or gelato shops.
Day 8: Rome
- Visit the other landmarks such as the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Villa Borghese.
- Explore the charming neighbourhoods of Trastevere, Testaccio, or Monti for local vibes.
- Depart from Rome or extend your trip to explore more of Italy, or other parts of Europe.
Planning your days well in advance will allow you to make the most of your city-focused Europe trip. You don’t want to miss out on the perfect city experience just because you didn’t know exactly what to do while there. You can customize the itinerary as you want; be sure to check travel restrictions, opening hours of attractions, and book tickets in advance when planning your trip.
So, what do you say? Is a city-focused trip in Europe on your 2023 Wishlist yet? If yes, visit www.travelunravel.com now to pre-book your flights and avail yourself of exclusive early-bird discounts!