There are few things that appease your soul quite like a solo trip. It is a great way to channel energy, introspect, detox, cleanse your mind, and cherish the World as it is. So, for once in your life, do yourself a favour, and plan a solo trip. Who can keep you better company than yourself anyway?
Solo travelling is about more than packing your bags, booking your flights, flying to a new place, and spending time at a luxury hotel. It is about immersing yourself in the experiences that the new destination, more so, the World has to offer.
Before you commence your epic solo adventure,
here are Solo Travelling Tips to keep at your fingertips:
- Research your way in and around the destination. Learn about the culture, customs and local laws.
- Book your flight tickets through a trusted travel website, such as www.travelunravel.com
- Invest in a travel insurance policy to protect yourself in case of illness, theft or travel-related concerns.
- Make an itinerary of what you want to do, see, and where you want to be.
- Be wary of unfamiliar surroundings and trust your instincts. Steer clear of situations that seem risky.
- Keep copies of your documents and passport handy.
- Treasure your valuables in a safe place, such as your hotel safe or hidden pockets in your bag.
- Pack light and opt for a backpack instead of a suitcase, if possible.
- Learn the local language. Familiarize yourself with words such as hello, please, and thank you.
- Stay in hostels or guesthouses to meet other travellers, save money and embrace the local culture.
- Befriend the locals to get recommendations on places to eat, drink and explore.
- Inform yourself about local customs, dress codes, and etiquette to avoid any unpleasant situations.
- Be vigilant while travelling on public transportation, especially at night.
- Keep a handy map or download the map on an app to avoid getting lost in an unknown place.
- Invest in a money belt to keep your money and passport safe.
- Be cautious of scams and pickpocketing, and hold on to your belongings.
- Keep in touch with friends and family back home and keep them in the loop with your whereabouts.
- Open your heart to the new place, new people and new perspectives.
- Try new things, such as local cuisine and partake in local events and cultural experiences.
- Stay hydrated and eat well to keep up your energy levels for a fun-packed travel experience.
- Check for the weather conditions of your destination and pack accordingly. Keep a raincoat or an umbrella, just in case.
Top Destinations for Solo Travelling Adventures
- Bali, Indonesia: If solo travelling is on your bucket list, Bali should be at the top of your travel wishlist. The beautiful island has a lush landscape, stunning beaches, friendly locals and everything else you’ll love to experience solo.
- New York City, USA: Get lost in the beauty of New York, where people always have a smile on their faces. The city that never sleeps has endless choices for sightseeing, shopping and dining.
- Tokyo, Japan: The perfect blend of tradition and modernity in Tokyo will make up for the perfect solo adventure. It is going to be a safe, unique and unforgettable experience indeed.
- Barcelona, Spain: If you have a knack for all things artsy, Barcelona is the place for your perfect solo escapade. The art scene, stunning architecture, and delicious cuisine will leave you in awe.
- Melbourne, Australia: It is a city for those who love to go solo. With its vibrant city vibes, friendly atmosphere, food picks and endless things to see and do, it is the place to be.
- Iceland: Talk about a cool solo trip. Iceland is a stunning country that offers natural wonders such as the Northern Lights, glaciers and geothermal pools.
- Costa Rica: If you want a laid-back vacation to unwind, book a flight to Costa Rica already. The beaches, rainforests and eco-tourism focus give the perfect vacation the perfect backdrop.
- Lisbon, Portugal: Winding alleys, stunning views and great food, Lisbon has it all for an immersive solo travel experience.
- Thailand: A self-care solo trip to Thailand is a dream of many solo travellers, as it should be. The friendly vibe, delicious food and choices of things to do, make it the perfect vacation destination.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Where art, history and culture intermingle to give off the immaculate vibe every solo traveller seeks, Amsterdam is a wonder to explore.
Now that you know how to make the most of solo travelling and where you can possibly go, are you ready for the greatest solo adventure of your life?
Head to www.travelunravel.com to browse flight deals to the top destinations for solo travelling adventures.