The Melting Pot of Asia, Singapore, offers a wholesome experience. If travelling to Singapore is on your wishlist, you already know its virtues and versatility. Known for its rich lifestyle and culture, Singapore leaves travellers in awe. Be it the ultra-modern architecture or the green and clean streets, the diversity in culture or the harmony in the air. It is the epitome of beautiful contrasting colours. There is so much to Singapore that you will not know where to start. And that is why we are here to give you a cheat sheet on things to do in Singapore.
Time to Visit Singapore
Singapore is a place you can visit any time and welcomes you with pleasant weather all year. However, February to April is travellers’ favourite time to visit. Some prefer visiting Singapore between July to August to make the most of the Singapore sales. It depends on your priorities and availability. Singapore is located 1 degree north of the equator and enjoys a tropical climate. It is all warm and sunny all year long. The temperature is usually between 23-25° C at night and between 31-33 ° C during the day. However, temperature varies during May & June, considered the hottest months and December & January are the coolest. Here are the top 10 things you can do in Singapore.
- Visit the Gardens by the Bay – It features gorgeous gardens and towering artificial trees, which look surreal. The stunning view of the city skyline is an absolute joy.
- Explore the Botanic Gardens – It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to plants and wildlife. You will not believe the beauty of it until you see it.
- Stroll through Little India – It is a vibrant, beautiful neighbourhood with bright storefronts and delectable food. Talk about temples and mosques, street art and ethnic vibes, all inspired by India.
- Visit the Singapore Zoo – Add a little wildlife to your experience. It is home to more than 300 species of animals, known for its naturalistic enclosures. It is a sight to see and a place to be for animal lovers.
- National Gallery Singapore – It houses the world’s largest collection of Southeast Asian Art.
- Shop at Orchard Road – It is a must if you want to enjoy a stroll in the popular district with vibrant stores and luxe malls. It is on your itinerary.
- Clarke Quay is for travellers who want to experience the nightlife of Singapore. It is a place for people who love fine dining, entertainment and partying.
- Visit Sentosa Island. Top attractions like Universal Studios Singapore, the S.E.A. The Aquarium, and the Singapore Cable Car are on this Island. It is the Island you would not mind being stranded on.
- Visit the Iconic Merlion Statue and Fountain, the symbol of Singapore. Also, the city view from Merlion is worth everything.
- Explore the Chinatown neighbourhood: It is a bustling market with delectable street food, and colourful architecture gets you swooning.
Visiting these destinations ensures you have a good experience in Singapore. However, a few things you should avoid on your Singapore holiday.
- Do not litter.
- Chewing gum is banned.
- Avoid relying on Public Transportation during busy hours.
- Steer clear of extreme political or religious debates in public.
- It is not customary to tip for the services you avail.
- Eating and drinking on public transportation.
- Do not point fingers.
- Consuming drugs is a serious offence.
- Do not smoke in public places.
To sum up, travelling to Singapore is always a good holiday destination as there is a lot to explore during your visit. So, we suggest you explore Flights to Singapore on Travel Unravel to compare and book. Avail of our exclusive offers on top airlines.